Sunday, January 10, 2010

Hola!

After 14 hours of sitting in airports, planes, and cars I am finally in Gracias, Honduras. Other then it being 3 degrees in Detroit this morning and water pipes on the plane being frozen and an hour delay (we actually flew with no water because they could not get them defrosted--I chose not to use the bathroom on that flight...) there were no other hicccups. It was almost a three and a half hour drive from San Pedro (where I flew in) to Gracias. It was a gorgeous drive through the mountains, although it was cloudy and rainy so pictures would have not done it justice. I will get pictures up as soon as I can.

Anyway, I am here safely and had a short meeting with the principal of the school I will be working at--Mr. Lara. I will be staying at a hotel until they can find housing for me, either my own apartment or a family that is willing to host me. I am going to be running around tomorrow doing errands with Rodrigo, one of the guys who picked me up at the airport. This includes exchanging currency, setting up a bank account and getting a cell phone set up. I then have the rest of Monday and Tuesday to explore Gracias. Wednesday will be my first day up at the school, which is a 15 minute drive outside of Gracias.

But I just ordered my first meal here in Honduras--chicken, rice, and veggies. I am looking forward to it.

I'll hopefully get another update tomorrow with more details after I explore Gracais!

Hotel Guancascos, Gracias, Honduras

No comments:

Post a Comment