Thursday, January 21, 2010

So I am feeling much better today. Still a little sick, but my head is clearing up and I can actually breathe with my mouth closed, which is always a good thing…

So, crazy and disgusting story. After dinner last night I took an hour and a half nap and then went up to the girls place to post yesterday’s blog entry and watch an episode of season 5 of Lost with a few of them. Afterwards, I walked back home and decided it was bed time (8:30, probably the earliest I’ve gone to bed in a really long time). I decided to take some Benadryl to help me sleep and breathe better. Well, I put the two pills in my mouth and reached for my bottle of water, and without really looking at it I unscrewed the cap and pounded some water to swallow the pills. As I swallowed the water I had one of the most bitter tasting gulps of water I have ever had, not to mention it wasn’t as, well, as smooth as a gulp of water should be. Yes, I had swallowed some sort of bug that had somehow made its way onto the brim of my water bottle at the exact same time I took a swig to swallow my pills. What are the chances? One explanation is that it was on the side of my water bottle when I grabbed it and it shuffled up to the brim as I took the cap off (I wasn’t really looking at the bottle as I prepared to drink). Talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, for both of us, when I took my swig of water. A second possibility is that it had somehow climbed into my water bottle at some point during the day when the cap was left off (which, I don’t know, I guess is possible but I usually only have the cap off when I take a drink), and I hadn’t noticed it. Either way, yuck.

The first thing that runs through my head as I have this nasty bitter taste in my mouth is “I hope that thing wasn’t poisonous.” I grab the water bottle and go outside and start drinking water and then spitting it out to get rid of the taste (making sure there isn’t another bug on it). It’s not helping, the taste is still there. I go grab my toothbrush and toothpaste and proceed to brush my teeth. That doesn’t help. In the meantime Mr. Bran and his girlfriend, another teacher named Laura Beth, come down from the girls place and ask me if I am alright. I tell them what I did and just saying that I had swallowed a bug was enough to make myself gag and throw up, right there in front of the two of them. Granted the after taste of throwing up wasn’t much better than the bitter taste of the bug, I was confident I threw up the bug (and most likely the Benadryl as well). At that point I felt so sick (plugged-up sick and stomach sick) I just crawled into bed.

What an awesome night huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment