Sunday, May 16, 2010

**This is my second post for today. Scroll down to see the finale of my food blog and then read this, it will make a lot more sense!***

Sunday May 16, 2010
So it was a tough weekend. First, you heard about the food. Maybe its because I have been thinking more about getting some American food once I am back in the States, but between bugs and chicken neck it was rough. Not only this but something I ate on Friday (or seeing that fly on Saturday) really set my stomach off and I have been fighting a stomachache since.

Saturday afternoon Rachel and I went into town to buy food for the dinner she was making me and as we walked around Dinora (the supermarket where we grocery shop) I could barely stand up. Not only was my stomach off but I also ached all over. She told me to go sit down somewhere while she finished shopping, which I did. But I still didn’t feel much better. I went to the pharmacy and bought some Pepto, which eventually helped, but it was no fun. We eventually made it back home and I took some ibuprofen for my achy body and then passed out in bed for 2.5 hours. When I woke up my stomachache was better but now I had a pounding headache. I took some Excedrin and went up to see how Rachel was doing on dinner. She had just started and after being told to sit down and wait for dinner I just relaxed. After enjoying dinner we just hung out and relaxed the rest of the night. I think the meds I took countered all my symptoms for the rest of the night. Although, I’ve been fighting a stomachache all day today too—the chicken neck really didn’t help.

Along with all of this we (as in the comedor where I live) have been out of water most of the weekend. I’ve only taken one hot shower since Friday with the rest being cold-bucket showers. It’s not that big of a deal but it further makes me appreciate constant running hot water that I am spoiled with back home.

Also, because of my sickness I did not get a chance to work on my TEFL stuff at all on Saturday. So today I have locked myself inside to finish my current module. After about 4 straight hours of work this afternoon I completed Module 6, which means I am halfway through the course. In fact, I think Module 7 is the last one with a reading lecture, quizzes and assignments because Module 8 is a unit lesson plan, Module 9 is all paperwork and Module 10 is course review. So I am getting close to completing this online course and having another certification, this one in teaching English as a second or foreign language!

Anyway, I don’t want to complain more because I am still really enjoying my time down here and believe this is where I am supposed to be right now. I felt that way when I got here and I still feel that way. I feel like I have grown so much personally and professionally down here as well over the last 4 months. Its going to be interesting to see what life is like for me back in the United States before I ship off for Spain at the end of August! Craziness…

Anyway, I hope all is well back in the States and I will continue to try and stay on top of my blog entries.

Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment