Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday May 13, 2010
Big news coming out of Honduras today—I heard back from CIEE today and was given my teaching placement for Spain next year. I will be teaching at a secondary school (12-18 year olds) in Motril in the province of Grenada. It is right on the Mediterranean (well technically a few miles from the actual coast) and is only a 40-minute drive away from Grenada itself. Sounds like a pretty awesome place.



The beach in Motril.



A view of the town.

I am starting to learn more of the details for the program too. I need to be in Spain by August 23rd. I will then be taking a 4-week intensive Spanish learning/immersion course and will then have a one-week orientation for the teaching program after that. I officially start teaching on October 1 and will teach until May 31st. I am about halfway done with my TEFL course so that will be out of the way soon as well. Hearing my placement news today has gotten me super excited about going to Spain. Woo Hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment