Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I wrote this on Monday but didn’t get a chance to post it until today.

February 22, 2010

A couple of things for today. First, Mondays are tough. I don’t know what it is, but I always feel like my teaching is a little off on Mondays and they are always tough to get through. Today was one of those days when I was just waiting for that last bell to ring at 3. But I got through it (with no coffee, which may be why it felt so long. I have unfortunately started to drink a lot of coffee down here, something I said I would never do. But it’s so good!). I am looking forward to the rest of the week though.

So after school today Mr. Bran and I took off up Celaque. It was only my second run since rolling my ankle a few weeks back. Well, the day I rolled my ankle I made it up (to the visitor center, 1.8 km) in just over 12 minutes, and was on pace to make it down in 6 minutes. That would have been around an 18 minute 30 second run, with half of it being very strenuous up hill. Well, today I rocked it. I made it to the visitor center in 11 minutes and made it down in just over 7. I am excited. If I can keep doing that 3-4 times a week I think I’ll be able to get my goal of breaking 10 minutes to the top—I am shooting to do that before Spring Break, which is the end of March. I am just so much more careful coming down now because of rolling my ankle, so I could push myself harder down, but I don’t want to mess myself up more. Plus my ankle isn’t fully healed yet to it’s still a little tender.

Tonight we lost power again, right before dinner. I hadn’t showered yet from taking my run and was going to do it after dinner, but then the power went off. Since the hot water needs electricity that meant my only option was to take no shower or a cold shower. I waited a little bit after dinner, but the power did not turn back on, so I decided to do the cold shower option (which wasn’t that bad). I took the flashlight with me and set it so I had some light. After the cold shower I got dressed and opened the bathroom door and walked out into the dining room with my flashlight. Low and behold the power was back on and there I was standing with a flashlight after my cold shower, with all the lights on. I asked Laura Beth, who was sitting with Mr. Bran at the table, when did the power come back on? She said it turned on about half way through my shower. Since I didn’t have any lights on in the bathroom and didn’t turn the water heater on I had no idea. Oh well.

Anyway, I’ll try and get another post up later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment